quarta-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2011

Balotelli: We are better than Roo

MARIO BALOTELLI has launched an incredible tirade in which he targets Jose Mourinho, Wayne Rooney, Manchester United and Premier League defenders.

In the most revealing interview yet the 20-year-old Manchester City striker pulled no punches as he blasted some of the biggest names in football - and revealed he will leave Eastlands after next season.

On Real Madrid boss Mourinho, his former coach at Inter, Balotelli said: "He is the best coach in the world but, as a man, he still has to learn manners.

"Roberto Mancini's the most important coach I've ever had. He'll soon become the No 1 in the world. But already, in terms of human qualities, he is two kilometres ahead of Mourinho. Wait, make that 10km."

Balotelli clearly has a high opinion of himself - and a considerably lower one of Rooney. He said: "He's good but he is not the best in Manchester."
Indeed, Balotelli even says that United fans would love to see him at Old Trafford.
He said: "They stop me in the street and tell me, 'Mario, come to United'. Honestly.
"But I'm dreaming of beating United, because I know how much this means to our fans, they are splendid with me. I had such goosebumps when they sang my name after my hat-trick in the 4-0 win against Aston Villa."

SunSport revealed last month that Balotelli was so homesick he was looking for a way out. He confirmed: "Sometimes I just had no wish of doing anything at all. I'd shut myself inside my flat. Even Mancini's sons were trying to get me to come out."
Even from his flat, though, he can make plenty of noise. He said: "I live right in the centre of Manchester, in a modern building, with a splendid view.
"One day my brother Giovanni was in the street, looked up and said to his girlfriend, 'How nice, they're doing fireworks in Manchester'. It was me, shooting them off from the ninth floor."
Can't have pleased the neighbours...

"You must be joking, they adore me. When I score they stick little congratulatory notes to my door. At Christmas they presented me with bottles of wine. But I do not drink."
Balotelli has had a troubled time with injuries since signing a five-year contract when he joined City for £24million. He has also had a training-ground bust-up with left-back Jerome Boateng.

But he claims the prospect of playing in the best strikeforce in the world will keep him at the club for another season. He said: "It's still early. For this year and one more I'll stay at City. Think about this one: Balotelli-Carlos Tevez-Edin Dzeko. Is it not good enough?

"Can you see anything better than this now in the world? Me neither, not even at Barcelona or Real."
While Balotelli did not get on with Mourinho, he claims it was the Special One's successor Rafael Benitez who forced him out of the San Siro.

He said: "Benitez just told me, 'You come after Milito, Eto'o and Pandev, fourth-choice striker'. I said, 'That's it, ciao'."

Balotelli is trying hard to learn English and says that Mancini cannot criticise him for his efforts on that front.

Balotelli said: "He must say nothing. His English stinks. But is improving.
"Mancini is lucky. In Sheikh Mansour he has an owner who speaks little, and only asks, 'What do you need?' "
Balotelli comes over as sullen but admits certain City stars do make him laugh. He revealed: "If I wear strange shoes, Yaya Toure and Manu Adebayor stick them on to the ceiling of the dressing room with Sellotape."
His Italian friends also like to organise pranks. He said: "The other day they placed a live lobster in my car. God, did I jump!"
Balotelli also has some home truths for those who think the Premier League features the best football in the world.
He added: "The Italians are tactically stronger. In England it is easier to score."
Some people claim there are not enough characters in the game. It would appear Balotelli is doing everything to buck that trend.

Source