quarta-feira, 31 de agosto de 2011

Transfer deadline quotes of the day

As transfer deadline day continues, BBC Sport rounds up the best of the quotes from those involved in the day's action.

"I always wanted to go to play abroad. I love football, I love watching it, I love talking about it." Joe Cole after his move from Liverpool to Lille.

"He's a good character, a fantastic person, a proper family man, a real good pro. He'll be great around the place for us." Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is pleased to have secured the signature of West Ham midfielder Scott Parker.

"Owen Hargreaves won't appear at Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night - still some paperwork to do from the comfort of his own home. He's expected to train with the Manchester City squad for the first time on Thursday." BBC Sport reporter Juliette Ferrington on Twitter.

"It is with a heavy heart that I have asked to leave Leeds United. It was a difficult decision for me as Leeds has been a wonderful place to live and to play football. However, I made the decision based on my career development, and the opportunity to play at the highest level in France is too big an opportunity to turn down." Ivory Coast international Max Gradel on his move from Leeds to St Etienne.

"The player [Gradel] submitted a transfer request earlier on Tuesday stating his desire to secure a move to his 'native' France and play at the highest level for his career development."Leeds are less than impressed with Gradel's departure.