terça-feira, 10 de maio de 2011

Santa Cruz hopes for Ewood return

Roque Santa Cruz hopes to secure a permanent move to Blackburn this summer to end his frustrating time as a Manchester City player.

The 29-year-old was a £17.5million signing for City from Rovers in the summer of 2009 but a combination of injury and poor form has limited him to just six league starts and three goals at Eastlands.

He was loaned back to the Ewood Park club in January and was a late substitute in the 1-1 draw with West Ham on Saturday which pushed Steve Kean's side closer to securing their Barclays Premier League status.

The Paraguayan is a popular figure with Blackburn fans and is keen to sign on a permanent basis once the season is over.

He said: "The loan ends this summer and I need to see how it goes, but once I finish here I will need to go back to City. Everyone knows that I am very happy at Blackburn, I have a lot of friends. I have enjoyed my time here so it would be a great thing for me if I could stay but it is up to the club and City so we need to see what will happen.

"As a player you expect and want to play and of course when you come to my age you want to enjoy the last bit of football that you have left. I don't want to spend the rest of my career not playing. So That is the main consideration for me."